Work With a Team of Dedicated Hospitality Industry Educators
Our team at Hospitality Scholars Foundation Inc. aims to give the youth opportunities for comprehensive culinary and hospitality education. We care about our scholars, and we want to provide them with the tools they need to achieve success in the future.
What We Do
We focus on giving aid to high school and college minority students in Chicago who are currently enrolled in culinary arts and hospitality programs or who are planning to pursue college studies in those two fields. Our team will do the following:
- Raise funds to support educational activities for Chicago Area Students who have engaged in studies in the areas of Culinary Arts and Hospitality to assist with attending and completing College.
- Provide support to students through professional industry exposure and college preparation.
- Grant scholarships to students in order to assist them with financing their college tuition.
- Provide professional hospitality industry certification and licensure opportunities to assist students with employment readiness.
- Create a bridge and support system between students and local businesses in the hospitality industry to ensure an environment of mentorship, professional development and support as well as encourage and foster opportunities for upper level management employment and ultimately minority business ownership opportunities.
Whom We Serve
Hospitality Scholars Foundation has access to Chicago Area Career & Technical Education (CTE) schools/teachers:
❖ Schools: 19
❖ Students: Over 1500 Career & Technical Education (CTE) Culinary Arts & Hospitality Management Students. We also work with local community based organizations
❖ Teachers: 25
In 2020 as we continue to be supportive of all covid 19 safety measures and community initiatives, it is our hope that we can continue providing educational opportunities to the local youth. We will do this by engaging in the following:
- National Restaurant Association ServSafe® Certifications
- City of Chicago Food Service Sanitation Manager Licenses
- Classroom Donations and Sponsorships
- Industry-Focused Employment Readiness Training
- Internship and Employment Opportunities
- College Readiness
- Corporate Hospitality Industry Fundraising
- Hill Food Service Consulting, Inc. Hospitality and Service Industry Program and local University Hospitality Programs such as Saint Xavier University Hospitality Management.